Sunday 1 March 2009

Guilt is a waste of time

It seems to me that so much of our lives is spent repenting things that we did a long time ago, and things that were probably the right decision at the time.

What we seem to forget is that in time, all wounds heal, all fractures mend, and all debts are repaid.
Time truly is the greatest medicine.

So much of our lives are spent regretting the past, wishing it were different - wishing for something that may or may not have been entirely imagined - a lost phantom, a figment - all memories are; without evidence, physical evidence, memories are nothing more than dust in the breeze. So with that in mind, nothing is worth regretting. Everything is forgotten, and mostly everything is forgiven.

I cannot help but feel truly humbled by the mistakes I have made, or the mistakes wmade by others which affected me. There is truth in everything, and all of us can help each other to forget the mistakes of the past, learn from them, and forge a better, happier future.

1 comment:

  1. I use to spend a lot of time dwelling on the past but I decided to give it up for the sake of my future. Every mistake I made was a learning mistake. I have no regrets b/c if I didn't do what I did then, then I wouldn't be where I am now.Whoa, that was deep.

    ReplyDelete