Monday 1 March 2010

Husbands are a waste of time

That is not to say we do away with them, but they are wholly unnecessary these days. These clamorous, clasping days. We weep, don't we? We weep.

I return to this corpse, shed of meat, plucked from the bone, with perhaps some intention of re-invigorating it, re-animating it. Re-embellishing it... I have no new words to spill though, that are not instantaneously obsoleted by their presence in the world. No. Not obsoleted. The words, once spoken, once written down, are rendered utterly unnecessary by their very existence. It is awful. And so I stand irresolute on the precipice of utter failure. We are so often found clinging to the ropes, dangling unpleasantly over the vast sandy void below, are we not?

So perhaps I come back with renewed vigour, but unlikely. Perhaps the last year has given me something new to say. Equally unlikely. Let us see where it goes, yes? It can only go so far.

1 comment:

  1. Lighten up! Seriously though, if I have anything to do with it, you will have a better year!

    ReplyDelete