Wednesday 7 July 2010

A note on the text

When I started this blog in February 2009 - I set out a manifesto of what this blog would be about.


This whole phenomenon has brought about an insidious revolution whereby know-nothing individuals can protrude a half-baked philosophy on pretty much anything they can get their sweaty hands upon into the arena of the popular conscience. I have been bombarded by erroneous, inflated, and downright boring text in my attempts to enjoy the fruits of this invention; and while it is true that there are fruits - sweet and wholesome, filled with literary juices - they are few and far between and it makes the struggle all the more frustrating.

In this, I have failed miserably. I have become what I entered this world to combat. As of late, what I have crafted here is an amateurish banquet of inanity, trivial poetry, and vulgar self-deprecation.

So I propose a new manifesto, a renewed promise. Over the next few days I am going to collect my thoughts and create a course for this to take. I wish to continue writing - but not with such disgusting lack of direction. I want to create something exciting, interesting, not just a slow collection of phrases.

There are at least three people who read this blog - which is more than enough for me to consider the possibilities of becoming famous - and with that in mind, I will need to distil what is it I think I can do with this thing, into a more alchemically potent experiment.

2 comments:

  1. Seize the idea, allow it to flow freely.
    But please allow your inner thoughts to remain seen.
    It is the you that I read, that I feel,
    that I can relate to.
    I would miss it.
    But, it is your site, and I wish you all the best :)
    I will be here.

    ReplyDelete