Monday 28 June 2010

Rarrar ta beeh lie rar, low skoerm figler getus

Reservedly, I peel it back, and make a go at it. It's not right this morning. Too early. I want nothing more than the earth to open and take me somewhere.

There must be a place where no one talks nonsense.
"Rarrar ta beeh lie rar, low skoerm figler getus."

____________

I lie awake at night,
he's just there sat by the window
Staring at seagulls that can't
seem to find their way home.

Saucers of milk on the floor
spilled by clumsy footsteps.
Lighting cigars and face lighting up,
roll up the pillow.

I can't decide if I want to be here or alone.
Talk to the ceiling again.
Ridicule sculptures and alabaster moustaches,
hang off the walls and the story continues
with relish.

He wants what I want but not with me
not together....
Lying on my back hearing shadows
that call from the basement

That's the old person I used to rely on -
She wants what I've got I'm used to it
Really, don't worry.

It's not the details that scare me these days
It's the lies.
Wandering back through the lanes in my mind
watching ghosts of my friends
passing by.

Still clinging bedsheets to hide behind comfort my sadness.
Leaping and screaming I hear as he dies on the pavement.
Partially moved by the sirens I wait by the window.
Staring at seagulls that can't
seem to find their way home.




No comments:

Post a Comment